Our technology allowed us to position precisely an extremely fragile wafer on the cylindrical surface of the photomultiplier tube, create a photon tight case for the photomultiplier and place it onto the goniometer so that the line of intersection of the wafer and the surface of the photomultiplier tube would be the axis of the rotation.
To adjust the system a special target was created. To focus the gamma ray an variable led slit system was designed. The radiative sample was installed in C-mount holder on a special 2d positioning device.
Standard components used:
1. 11"11 dielectric optical breadboard - 2.
2. 2" 2d positioning unit - 2.
3. 11" breadboard extension -1.
Custom components designed:
1. Photon tight photomultiplier case - 1.
2. Vertically adjustable photomultiplier case holder - 1.
3. Goniometer - 1.
4. Adjustable led slit unit - 1.
The project finished in : 14 days